ABOUT THIS COURSE
Level 1 Award in Coaching Skateboard Sessions Qualification
1st4Sport and Sk8 Safe have written this comprehensive 2 day (17 hours) qualification, launched in conjunction with the new national governing body for Skateboarding, Skateboard England. Sk8 Safe are the only official assessment centre in the UK.
Following on from Sports England’s participation agenda Skateboard England have identified the need for this grass roots course. Successful learners will be able to facilitate sessions independently in their organisation. There is no greater joy than seeing children and young people take their first steps towards riding, this course is a must for any aspiring coach in the Skateboarding industry.
Skateboarding has many health and social benefits and makes an ideal activity to promote inclusion and diversity.
We cover a multitude topics over the 2 days both theoretical and technical. Learners are asked to complete a small pre course learning exercise before the day.
Participants must be aged 17 or over and hold a current and relevant Safeguarding Certificate
So what will you learn from this?
• Your role as a skateboard coach and codes of conduct as agreed by Skateboard England
• What your legal responsibilities as a skateboard coach are
• Safeguarding roles and responsibilities
• Principles of safe practise
• Inclusion and diversity responsibilities
• How to manage sessions for different learners
• Basic sports coach techniques
• To plan a quality skateboard coaching session
• Delivery of an engaging, inclusive skateboard coaching session
• Reviewing your practices as a skateboard coach
• All technical aspects of coaching basic beginners skateboarding
Each learner once assessed will get to keep their learner portfolio, this comes together with a learners resource pack on a CD. The learners resource pack is extensive including many other aspects of skateboarding required to deliver a great session such as:
• Lesson plans
• Anatomy of a skateboard
• Skate Park Etiquette
• Technical information about each activity taught with diagrams
• Guide to basic ramps