ABOUT THIS COURSE
Level 2 Extended Coaching Skills: Skateboarding
The course lasts 8 hours and carries 1 credit. As a prerequisite we ask that coaches have been practising the Sk8 Safe Programme for approximately 1 year and are confident in their ability and delivery.
Upon completing the course learners will be qualified to facilitate Extended Skateboarding Skills and aid the progression of their students.
The day comprises of the following;
• Aims and Benefits of Extended Coaching Skills
• Extended Risk Assessment and Safety
• Extended Anatomy of a Skateboard
• History of Skateboarding
• Riding Styles and Skate Features
• Teaching Techniques
• Extended Practical Board Skills
• Extended Skate Park Etiquette
• Assessing Learners in Extended Skills
• Lesson Plans
Throughout the day the learner is assessed using varying techniques so all learning styles are catered for.